RE:[teacherartexchange] What is needed for a portfolio for job interviews?

---------

From: tehya.may (tehya.may_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 13:41:08 PST

When I interviewed for art positions I created a binder which was
divided into several sections--Of course the basic information such as
resume, transcripts, practice teaching evaluations, test scores (Praxis)
etc. were all included

Also included were one or two samples of complete unit lessons (with
examples of student work--either the actual work, photos or slides,
worksheets I had created, tests, study guides, notes...power point
presentations.... notations made as to what state standards they
correlate to)

Probably one of the best things I included was a videotape of myself
teaching class (& the students on task after instruction time.)

Not to sound like I am bragging by any means but--my portfolio
eliminated many of the traditional questions that the interviewers had
to ask--because they could "see" what I was doing, or how --and had the
time to look over everything. When interviewing with the portfolio I
always felt confident. It is definitely a good thing to update from year
to year (which reminds me...) I hope this helps

Good luck-

-Tehya May
Art instructor
Dover High School