[teacherartexchange] Make Youth Art Month a BIG Deal! Why not "Bowl" them over?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 07:20:12 PST

Dear Art Educators,

My mind works in mysterious ways..... I found a so cool Youth Art
Month Project on Linda Kieling's site. Kids did "fine art" manikins
for elected officials.....
http://www.rrms.wlwv.k12.or.us/KielingL/YAM/2006.htm
Click on the Gallery - you will want one of your own. Buy a manikin
and redecorate it each day (or week) during March (smile).

Why not try the idea with recycled Bowling Pins (check your local
bowling alleys for damaged pins). Tina sent me a lesson plan that I
will work to get on IAD this week (Make fine art character bowling
pins) ... and I will add a blurb about Youth Art Month there. If you
want the long story of my idea NOW - please let me know.... I don't
want to bore every one with the details unless you want to hear it
now. Each School Board member would get a Fine Art Bowling Pin - the
rest could be auctioned off. Have them displayed in businesses all
throughout the community with a sign about when the auction will be.

YAM came up on Art Education list.... I will run a feature on IAD for March.

Note for Linda Keiling - get your school site ready for the "Spot
light" feature (OK? You don't need to change much - some images are
still missing - I will let you know which ones). I think I will run
Linda Woods' site, too - so we have two Linda's (grin).

Best Wishes..... Happy YAM (March).

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/