[teacherartexchange] Correction - Holocaust Rememberance day is April 25 (or 24th?) this year

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 16:02:09 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I put the "cart before the horse" in my last post.... I should have
looked this up first....

Holocaust Remembrance Day is April 25 this year (it changes each year
- last year was May 5).

Hmmm... several sites have it as February 6th-10th, 2006 (already past)

One site has April 23-29 as Awareness Week....events surrounding Yom
Hashoah Holocaust Memorial Day.

Another has April 23 - April 30, 2006 Holocaust Awareness Week
President Jimmy Carter and the U.S. Congress in 1979 established the
week of Yom HaShoah as the days of remembrance for the victims of the
Holocaust;
This site has Remembrance Day as Monday, April 24,2006
http://www.holocaustcenterbn.org/yom_hashoah/2006/proclamation.html

I guess we can have Holocaust Remembrance any day we wish..... Could
someone set me straight on the official day (Renah, are you
listening?). I do have someone I can ask... I will put the correct
date on lesson plan.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department