[teacherartexchange] March School Arts Magazine - check it out!

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 19:52:22 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Congratulations to Linda Kieling and Kris Fontes - both list members
have articles in March School Arts:
http://www.davis-art.com/Portal/SchoolArts/articles/MarchTOC.pdf
Linda has an article on Altered Books (lesson plan on IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Linda-books.htm

Kris has her Curiosity Cabinets:
http://www.krisfontes.com/curious%20cabinets.htm
(lesson to come on IAD).

Craig Roland's Digital Story Telling article is on line:
http://www.davis-art.com/Portal/SchoolArts/articles/ArtEd306.pdf

This looks like a fun middle school lesson - Shoe Sculpture with collage:
http://www.davis-art.com/Portal/SchoolArts/articles/HeelsofTime306.pdf
"Students were to each create a sculpture of a shoe decoupaged with pictures
depicting the popular culture and history of the time when the shoe
was fashionable."

See what else is available:
http://www.davis-art.com/Portal/SchoolArts/SAdefault.aspx

I must remember to check the School Arts Site each month.... I have
missed some "goodies". Be sure to send in your subscription request so
you can get April issue. Keith Vieth (Oridinary to Extraordinary
author) will have an article on coil built masks.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/