Re: [teacherartexchange] mouth sprayer advice needed

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 14:58:29 PST

One year I bought 25 mouth sprayers since it was such a deal and I had just watched a guy spraying T-shirt designs in a park and selling them. I was really excited when they came and blew until I had popped out my ears--I couldn't believe that they were all defective. Finally I went in to the band teacher and he said you need incredible lung power. He could barely make it work. I bought an air compressor and air brush! Sid

>>> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com 02/19/06 7:09 AM >>>
Hi, all,

I've got a home decorating project for which I'd like to use a mouth
sprayer. I bought one but just can't get it to work. I looked online
and found advice that it takes a lot of lung power to use it. Well, I'm
a swimmer and in good shape, and I still get maybe four droplets (I'm
practicing with water). A video of Helen Hardin, which I showed many
times in my classes, shows her using a mouth sprayer on her paintings
with ease. What's the secret? If I can't use the mouth sprayer, I
thought of using one of the air cans made for use with an airbrush; I
have lots of airbrush experience but always with a compressor. How do
the cans work, and can you spray thinned latex paint with them?

Thanks,

Maggie