Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] mouth sprayer advice needed

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 07:54:10 PST

Way, way back in college I used a mouth sprayer with fixative
on my charcoal drawings. That was before aerosol cans, I guess.
Boy, I am getting old. Perhaps different types of liquid work
differently. I'm amazed they still make them, but everything
comes back around. It must be better for the environment.
Maggie White wrote:

> I've got a home decorating project for which I'd like to use a mouth
> sprayer. I bought one but just can't get it to work. I looked online
> and found advice that it takes a lot of lung power to use it. Well, I'm
> a swimmer and in good shape, and I still get maybe four droplets (I'm
> practicing with water). A video of Helen Hardin, which I showed many
> times in my classes, shows her using a mouth sprayer on her paintings
> with ease. What's the secret?

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703