[teacherartexchange] mouth sprayer advice needed

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 07:09:47 PST

Hi, all,

I've got a home decorating project for which I'd like to use a mouth
sprayer. I bought one but just can't get it to work. I looked online
and found advice that it takes a lot of lung power to use it. Well, I'm
a swimmer and in good shape, and I still get maybe four droplets (I'm
practicing with water). A video of Helen Hardin, which I showed many
times in my classes, shows her using a mouth sprayer on her paintings
with ease. What's the secret? If I can't use the mouth sprayer, I
thought of using one of the air cans made for use with an airbrush; I
have lots of airbrush experience but always with a compressor. How do
the cans work, and can you spray thinned latex paint with them?

Thanks,

Maggie