Re: [teacherartexchange] Photography and Diversity Lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 14:02:48 PST

Hi Cindy and all,

How about a lesson using the work of Seydou Keita
http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/keita/default.html

View the photographs:
http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/keita/1.html

Students could do some kind of portrait that expresses culture -
through textiles and adornment.

This link can be found on my Photography resources page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/photo.htm

Someone else shared an African American photographer a while back that
did some very moving photographs from Harlem (funerals and such). His
works represented culture, too.

Judy Decker