Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Photography and Diversity Lesson

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 14:02:48 PST

Hi Cindy and all,

How about a lesson using the work of Seydou Keita

View the photographs:

Students could do some kind of portrait that expresses culture -
through textiles and adornment.

This link can be found on my Photography resources page:

Someone else shared an African American photographer a while back that
did some very moving photographs from Harlem (funerals and such). His
works represented culture, too.

Judy Decker

On 2/16/06, Cindy DeRyke wrote:
> I would like to incorporate a diversity assignment or two into a new
> Photography program I am creating for the Institute of Arts in my
> area. The target audience is grades 9-12. Any suggestions for
> lessons, or a good website suggestion? Thank-you.

To unsubscribe go to