Re: [teacherartexchange] Craftsmanship

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 07:32:09 PST

Carefully done work and pride in what you create must be taught.
Punishing students with grades will not get you there. Rewarding
students for meeting higher expectations is effective. Praise
and reward those who succeed and others will follow. I taught
in a district with a very strong elementary art program so I
got students who were prepared. Fortunately, I was able to
work on reaching higher goals.
                                Good Luck, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque