[teacherartexchange] Craftsmanship

---------

From: Jennifer McGlothlin (jlmcglothlin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 06:09:44 PST

I am a middle school teacher in a state that does not require elementary
school students to take art. Therefore, they are missing the basics. How
do I emphasize the importance of craftsmanship? I have tried giving them
lower grades and telling them that if they want a better grade they have
to do it over and do it neater. I haven't had one even make an effort.
The middle grades do not require my class nor do they have to pass it.
Any helpful hints?

Seeking answers,

Jenn

*
*
All e-mail correspondence to and from this address
is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law,
which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third
parties, including law enforcement.