Re:[teacherartexchange] graphics editing

---------

severn_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 02:49:06 PST

Subject: Graphics Editing Programs
From: "M. Austin" <whest177@wheatstate.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:17:25 -0600

I realize this has been discussed before, but I need the info tomorrow
morning and am TOO tired to browse the archives (I took 44 of my high school
kids touring museums & galleries today by myself!). I have been told by my
administrator that we have "some" money to purchase some software. I need
something that the kids can edit, alter, & be creative with, while hopefully
at the same time being a program that the newspaper class can use to edit
their photos. I was thinking Adobe Photoshop, but don't know much about the
program and if it will fit our needs. I also need site license info vs.
individual price (I am looking at purchasing software for a maximium of 15
computers). Or, is there a better software out there? Don't offer free
downloads - I have to purchase some software, and it has to work for
newspaper as well.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

hi michael

what you want is gimp
http://www.gimp.org/

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed
piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition
and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many
languages.

This is the official GIMP web site. It contains information about
downloading, installing, using, and enhancing it. This site also serves as
a distribution point for the latest releases. We try to provide as much
information about the GIMP community and related projects as possible.
Hopefully you will find what you need here.

its free

hope this helps