[teacherartexchange] NGA's collage site

---------

artgirl109_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 19:22:16 PST

Has anyone ever used National Gallerys interactive collage as the
basis for a real collage? I'm fortunate to be at a high school where
all 2,000 students have laptop computers and we are encouraged to use
them in our curriculum. I would love for the students to create their
collage, take a screen shot and then try to replicate their creation
with various papers and colored pencils.

  If you haven't looked at the interactive activities on NGA kids
http://www.nga.gov/kids/zone/zone.htm, take a look. I used the
virtual mobile maker last year as an introduction before the students
made their actual mobiles.
susie