Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Graphics Editing Programs

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 16:19:35 PST

        Adobe Photoshop is very costly, several hundred even at
the educators price. What you need is Photoshop Elements. It is
the same thing with less features, but you will never use all the
bells and whistles. The educators price is around $49 (50% less).
I suspect they have a site license price as well.
        I have Photoshop 7.0 but Elements is all you need. They
may have changed the exact name of the program since I've purchased
any software.

M. Austin wrote:
> I realize this has been discussed before, but I need the info tomorrow
> morning and am TOO tired to browse the archives (I took 44 of my high
> school kids touring museums & galleries today by myself!). I have been
> told by my administrator that we have "some" money to purchase some
> software. I need something that the kids can edit, alter, & be creative
> with, while hopefully at the same time being a program that the
> newspaper class can use to edit their photos. I was thinking Adobe
> Photoshop, but don't know much about the program and if it will fit our
> needs. I also need site license info vs. individual price (I am looking
> at purchasing software for a maximium of 15 computers). Or, is there a
> better software out there? Don't offer free downloads - I have to
> purchase some software, and it has to work for newspaper as well.
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to