[teacherartexchange] Norma Bessouet - Surreal Artist (for Perspective lessons)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 12:37:38 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Alejandra (Getty list) recommended this site to me.

Norma Bessouet:
http://www.normabessouet.com.ar/
Contemporary artist from Argentina. Beautiful Surreal work.
"Bessouet's painting merges ... magic realism with Surrealism" (from
Essay). Be sure to view all painting galleries. The work is stunning.

I have written to Norma for permission to use images in
PowerPoint..... and have added links to IAD. I thought her work was
ideal for the surreal perspective lesson ideas. Be sure to browse all
galleries if you want to use the site with students. You might
determine some of the images to be inappropriate for your students
(there are some nudes in the fourth painting gallery. I didn't find
them objectionable).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department