Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Candido Portinari - Brazilian Artist

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 08:52:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Dr. Joao Candido Portinari shared with me the Candido Portinari Project:

Candido Portinari (1903 - 1962) - life and work of Brazilian artist.
Much of the site is in Portuguese. Archives section is in English as
well as a biography and more in English section. The children's
section is in Portuguese - take a look at the Gallery.

I thoroughly enjoyed the site. It is easiest to browse the work by
viewing the children's section as that has thumbnails for you to see.

There is a very lengthy biography in the English section (a pdf file).

Find out more:

I am interested in adding more artists from South America - Please
send me links.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources