[teacherartexchange] Candido Portinari - Brazilian Artist

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 08:52:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Dr. Joao Candido Portinari shared with me the Candido Portinari Project:
http://www.portinari.org.br/

Candido Portinari (1903 - 1962) - life and work of Brazilian artist.
Much of the site is in Portuguese. Archives section is in English as
well as a biography and more in English section. The children's
section is in Portuguese - take a look at the Gallery.

I thoroughly enjoyed the site. It is easiest to browse the work by
viewing the children's section as that has thumbnails for you to see.
http://www.portinari.org.br/candinho/candinho/abertura.htm

There is a very lengthy biography in the English section (a pdf file).

Find out more:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/portinari_candido.html

I am interested in adding more artists from South America - Please
send me links.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department