[teacherartexchange] Walker system easy and attractive

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 03:41:04 PST

I wanted to share that recently my librarian suggested
we design the focal wall in his area as an art
display. We ordered $250 worth of the Walker system,
which I had seen advertised for years in the supply
catalogues, but just either lacked funding or afraid I
would order the wrong coordinating parts. I was not
sure what to expect, but we are all thrilled with the
results. He says it was the best $250 he has ever
spent. For now, we are doing a different AP student
each month, displaying their concentrations (which we
do in a class offered fall semester). One aspect of
the system was the little double clips which are used
to hang either paper or light board. I thought they
might be visually cumbersome, but, like I said, we are
thrilled with all aspects of the system. It only took
about 1 hour to install the show. Great product. You
could probably start with $40 worth and see how it
fits your situation. For us, security was enhanced by
having art in the library which is locked up at night.
The purchase came from the library budget, too.
Just hoping this helps someone else...
Beth