RE: [teacherartexchange] Batik Question

---------

From: Judi Morgan (judi.morgan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 10:05:55 PST

I agree. We have never thickened our dye, but the students learn that
when they paint the resist lines, the wax should absorb into the fabric
"like water", if it looks "milky" it isn't hot enough and won't
penetrate. Some fabric bleeds the dye more easily than others. These
fabrics are better for creating white lines by outlining with wax FIRST.
Heavier fabric is more easily controlled so you can leave a space around
the shapes to create black line.

Judi Morgan
Saint George's School
2929 W. Waikiki Road