Re: [teacherartexchange] From PC to Mac

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 09:48:43 PST

Amy,

I am working with an iBook G4 at school and PC at home. A flash drive has
been a godsend.

My laptop came with the Office suite for Mac. My tech coordinator also had
me download NeoOffice which is freebie, open-source word processing
software. It's very easy and does all the same stuff as Word. You can open
word processing docs in it, as well as save docs using multiple formats.
It might be worth a try before having to spend any money. It depends on
what your needs are/will be.

Another option, which several universities in this area are using, would
be www.writely.com. This is an ajax program that's an online word
processing program. You do have to register to use it, but there is no
cost. Again, things can be saved in multiple formats and you can save
items to the writely server for later retrieval from any internet
connection.

Good luck with the Mac and enjoy! I love all the things I can with mine.

Miriam Tobola
K-12 Art
Northern Cass School
Hunter, North Dakota