[teacherartexchange] Batik Question

---------

From: Wendy (wendy570_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 07:34:09 PST

I'm not sure if my question was sent through the last
time so I am sending it again.

I am doing a modified batik lesson with my 5th
graders. This week we are laying down the resist over
our line drawings. I have plenty of dyes, however, in
my research, I have learned that in order to paint
them on the fabric, they should be thicker so they
don?t leak into unwanted areas. My question is-do you
know of any (preferably inexpensive) way to thicken
the dye without stiffening the fabric? I have
considered using acrylic paint as an alternative, but
the dyes are so vibrant and something different for my
students to experience so I would prefer to use them.

Thanks!
Wendy