Re: [teacherartexchange] essays/Stacie

---------

From: Barb Felsecker (felsecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 21:18:50 PST

Just my two cents worth....I give my students plenty of class time to
complete their projects...if they need to come in before/after school to
work on projects, they are more than welcome. If I have an advisory (study
hall) for that particular term, I invite them in to work during that time.
Very rarely do I agree to letting them take projects home to work on.
Exceptions are if they've been ill for several days...or if they show they
have worked hard during class; after school; during advisory and STILL are
struggling to keep up I will suggest they take the work home. Surprisingly,
the only ones who usually even ask to take the work home are students who
waste time during class and show very minimum effort. Then of course, the
answer is no. Also, I've had incidences long ago where the work went home
and comes back looking too professional and too polished-very unlike that
particular students prior work.