Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: February 05, 2006

---------

artmommarisa_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 18:22:08 PST

"One other question. How do you keep students from wasting paint? For
example squeezing a whole puddle of paint when they only need a little bit
and then washing the what they don't use the drain?"

I recently started giving each table a plastic box with a lid, and in each box are small tupperware bowls, (about 1-cup size) with lids , and in these goes the paint. Everyone scoops out paint with a plastic knife onto their palette as needed. The table peer pressure helps in keeping the paint pots clean. When one runs out, the materials person for that table wipes it out and fills it up from the big jugs. This has worked SO much better than when each student got their own from the large containers!