Re: [teacherartexchange] comic life

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 17:21:19 PST

Hi,

I downloaded the app and played with it and was very impressed. I
checked the pricing and it is very reasonable - $299 for a lab of 20
and..... $499 for an entire district.. that is a bargain!!!!!

I called my supervisor and we are going for the district license. Even
if you just use the app to set up photo collage pages it is a great
deal. I showed it to a few teachers and they loved it.

I am impressed with the way it is integrated with iPhoto and look
forward to using it with my classes. In fact I did a little preview
with one class today and the students were very excited about it. They
suggested i make it a group project and let two students work together
to develop a comic. I plan to talk to introduce the lesson with a
little talk about narrative photography, have them submit a story line
or storyboard of the photos and captions they want to do. When all the
prep work is done i will let them use digital cameras to photograph
the images they need for the comic.

The other thing I like about the program is the ability to export the
pages into jpeg, tiff and other file formats.

Harold
www.olejarz.com