Re: [teacherartexchange] Binney & Smith event

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 08:55:16 PST

It's very unusual they haven't found a venue yet; in the past it was
always part of the conference preview info. I know one year it was at
the Art Institute during a special Magritte show, and that and several
galleries were opened for us. Unfortunately, a few peope thoughtlessly
spilled their drinks and even placed their cups and food plates on the
sculpture stands! So we weren't welcome there the next time the
conference was in Chicago. That time, it was was at the Field Museum;
I didn't see any bad behavior, but I wonder now if we have such a bad
rep in Chicago no one wants to host us! B&S always spends a tremendous
amount of money to throw a really special event, and it's sad that
boorish oafs take advantage and ruin things.

Maggie