Re: [teacherartexchange] Need advise for painting lesson

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 08:16:07 PST

As far as wasting paint goes, I have two suggestions.

The cafeteria donated a carton of flat, plastic "lids" like you get on
the top of those small, tin carryout containers. They are really good
for mixing paint because you can see through them to your canvas to
match paint exactly. Also, they don't hold a lot of paint, so kids
typically don't get more than a drop or two (and they're always amazed
at how far that paint will go, too! If you only give them a small
"palette" to mix on, they can't get much paint.

Also, for kids who are using more paint or who need to mix a color to
use for a few days, I like to use those new, sqare baby food "jars."
Have you seen them? They're like little, tiny Gladware containers,
and they stack much better than jars. Ask around -- just about anyone
who has a baby wouldn't mind saving them, because they're too nice to
toss, but you end up with a bajillion of them if you save them.
(They're also great for storing beads, Fimo clay, etc...)

Becky