RE: [teacherartexchange] Need advise for painting lesson

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 03:17:49 PST

Gridding helps with beginner students in terms of getting the image of their
hero recognizable. I don't know what your time frame is, but if you don't
have time for a full blown "do it in layers, don't forget the light source,
where are your values?" lesson, you could always do the Andy Warhol thing,
and keep it flat, more graphic design. I would suggest you look at Chuck
Close faces, and Leroy Neiman action paintings (although he's not one of my
favorites..he might be appropriate for this assignment).

San D