RE: [teacherartexchange] Need advise for painting lesson

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 06:15:00 PST

<<< How do you keep students from wasting paint? For
example squeezing a whole puddle of paint when they only need a little bit
and then washing the what they don't use the drain?>>>

Joe, I used to tell students not to put out more paint than the size of a
Hershey's kiss. Then I randomly rewarded those who did so with real
Hershey's kisses. Eventually it became habit.
Your paintings are larger though--maybe you could say the size of a small 2
inch chocolate bar (you know the little mini candy bars) and then give those
out as rewards?
Cindy