RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: February 05, 2006

---------

From: clarkda (clarkda_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 04:50:18 PST

Hello Joe,

I am currently painting and showing acrylic paintings. When mixing these
colors with white for any "white-mixture" begin with a lot of white
(tablespoon or two) and add just a little bit of the color (1/4 teaspoon to
start).

Also, having taught many highschool portrait classes, I would definitely
start with the symmetrical divisions of the head, different positions of the
head. Hopefully, you will have time to teach this: the drawing of the
human head with specifics, in pencil, before you have them do the actual
painting.

Following these two suggestions, I feel confident that you will have great
results!

Donna in Ohio