[teacherartexchange] Greek Pottery Lesson added to Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 13:44:06 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Maria Lengauer submitted her Greek Pottery Lesson to Incredible Art Department:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Maria-Greek.htm
She does this lesson with ninth graders... you can step it up to
advance ceramics.... and can adapt it down to middle school (making
smaller size vessels for middle school).

I had my beginning ceramics students do a traditional coil form using
a template to help control the shape. Maria's students did not use
templates. I used pottery from many different cultures with my lesson.
Student chose from a variety of decorating techniques. My student did
a more organic coil as first project - then the traditional form as
second project. I have added a brief summary of my project to this
plan.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department