Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Greek Pottery Lesson added to Incredible Art Department

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 13:44:06 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Maria Lengauer submitted her Greek Pottery Lesson to Incredible Art Department:
She does this lesson with ninth graders... you can step it up to
advance ceramics.... and can adapt it down to middle school (making
smaller size vessels for middle school).

I had my beginning ceramics students do a traditional coil form using
a template to help control the shape. Maria's students did not use
templates. I used pottery from many different cultures with my lesson.
Student chose from a variety of decorating techniques. My student did
a more organic coil as first project - then the traditional form as
second project. I have added a brief summary of my project to this

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to