Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Thinking with a Line - Simple printing lesson

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 13:34:14 PST

Dear Art Educators,

For those looking for elementary printmaking ideas.....

Kathy D. posted Cathy Topal's Thinking with a Line to TAB Choice list.

Students can create some very complex ideas just using the edge of
corrugated cardboard dipped in ink. You can add to it card board
cylinder sections for curved shapes (like cut up empty masking tape
rolls). Be sure to check the student art gallery.

You might try using acrylic paint as ink so that it will be water
resistant when dry. Students can then paint their compositions with
water colors.

Quite striking was white ink on black paper - then colored with
construction paper crayons, pastels or oil pastels.

I will add this to the printmaking ideas for elementary.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to