Re:[teacherartexchange] NAEA conference Presenter

---------

From: Markwald, Sarah (smarkwald_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 15:37:47 PST

Thank you to all who responded with advice for presenting!
I feel much better about this endeavor! I am currently home on maternity leave with my first baby and was thinking about canceling and not taking this on as well. With all the great responses, I feel more relaxed already and know that this is something I will need to do for myself.

For those of you who asked, I am presenting a lesson I developed using technology and comic art. It's for middle schoolers, allowing them to digitally enhance superhero drawings layered onto one-point perspective city drawings. I will demo the Jasc software, Paint Shop Pro and show how easy it is to manipulate student's work with the program. The session is on Thursday at 8:00am and is called, Sensation Superheroes: Connecting Art and Technology in the Middle School.

Cheers,
Sarah Markwald
smarkwald@usmk12.org