Re: [teacherartexchange] License Renewal

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 08:45:28 PST

Amy Broady wrote:

> My current idea is that maybe I COULD go to Chicago and earn a
> graduate credit at the NAEA Convention.

You ought to be able to get district professional growth credit for
attending. The registration desk will have forms you can take back.
They would not be adequate for graduate credit as is, though. However,
I earned several graduate credits through a special program for teachers
at UC-Santa Barbara (long distance) by writing up lesson plans based on
overseas travels. You ought to be able to do the same by attending the
conference. You will have to write a proposal and submit it well in
advance to earn the credit.

> And finally, I wondered about some things I did before returning to
> the workforce. For example, I wrote some articles for
> RubberStampMadness, and I taught a few stamp art classes at the local
> scrapbook store. Have any of you ever used experiences like these with
> success?

Unless it was an accredited school, I doubt seriously the state would
accept this. In AZ, teaching experience can be used--or at least used
to--as PART of your renewal. We are still required to take classes from
an accredited U.

Maggie