Re: [teacherartexchange] Art show

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 07:35:55 PST

staciemich@aol.com wrote:

> I've just asked the administration if we can have a school art show.
> Since this is my first year, I have no idea the best way to do it. Any
> advice?

Stacie,
        My Middle School had a strong music program: Band, Strings
and Vocal. I learned early on to combine my end of the year art
fair with the music program because parents come to school for
music programs. Fairly quickly other departments started putting
up displays and it soon became a school wide effort. We each did
our own thing but with a bit of coordination. I suggest you start
out somewhat modest and plan to build from there. I put numbers
on the art as well as names and the whole school voted. Have lots
of winners, no one is a looser. We had 20 awards in each grade
level, 6, 7 and 8th,
                                Best of Luck, Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque