Re: [teacherartexchange] License Renewal

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 03:41:23 PST

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the this license renewal
thread!

My current idea is that maybe I COULD go to Chicago and earn a graduate
credit at the NAEA Convention. The good news -- other than getting to attend
the event for the first time!!! -- is that I wouldn't have to miss any
school because it is the week of our spring break. The bad news --other than
the cost of travel and lodging!!!--- is that I would miss that time with our
kids, and the kids and I wouldn't be able to go visit my parents that week.
Dropping them off there at my parents' for a visit without me is not an
option--my mother is currently suffering from mobility issues (hip).

Have any of you ever pursued earning the graduate credit offered by the
School of the Art Institute of Chicago? What did it involve other than
attendance and participation? Did you have to write a paper?

Another idea I had was to attend another art retreat in April (a weekend
event), but it would not probably give me enough points, if it were to even
give me points. I do not have enough info. It's an "if-fy" idea at best.

And finally, I wondered about some things I did before returning to the
workforce. For example, I wrote some articles for RubberStampMadness, and I
taught a few stamp art classes at the local scrapbook store. Have any of you
ever used experiences like these with success?

Again, I am trying to earn my renewal points by the end of spring (without
stretching myself to thin!) so that I can be hired back to the position that
I was hired for in December on an alternate license, since mine expired
several years ago.

Amy