Re: [teacherartexchange] Hope restored? With Pride!

---------

From: Jeannie Browning (paintslingr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 15:41:05 PST

Stacie, I'm proud of you! You touched children today!!!
What more could you ask for???? You're TEACHING!!
What did you learn today?
Why did this get a positive response from some of the students?
Because it was not about some dead artist; it was about THEM.
Take that as your cue, and run with it!
Keep it simple; your goal is not to do a perfectly formulated lesson that
some authority says has all the components like "exemplars!" and "proper
questioning!" and "visuals" and all that other garbage that we have to put
on paper. Sometimes, it's just about making a kid smile, or feel good about
themselves...
WHEEEEEE!
{BTW, I heard some statistic that middle schoolers think about sex seven out
of every ten minutes, so the Playboy Mansion is a natural impulse...! Laugh
it off and take a bubble bath. Your life is too important to be controlled
by pre-teenagers.}

Kudos! I'm Proud of You!