Re: [teacherartexchange] printmaking help

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 08:29:32 PST

You can print the plate two ways.
One is using water based printing ink onto dry paper.
For younger children that is the best way.
Two is to use oil based ink or oil paint onto dampened
paper. I'd wipe the plate to create light and dark areas
prior to printing. This is for older students and then
they may need protective gloves while inking and wiping.

I can not imagine using acrylic paint. It dries so very fast.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net