Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] printmaking help

From: ceastman (ceastman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 00:52:55 PST

hello all,
i'm trying to do a collagraph project with 4th graders and am having
problems. i'm using a new small Econo-etch press and made plates using
poster board, burlap, string, etc. everything is glued down securely,
then painted over with acrylic paint and dried for a couple of days. i
put saran wrap over to print a "blind" (is that the correct term for
not inked?) collagraph and that worked. but when i coat the plate with
acrylic paint the paper sticks and ruins everything.
i'm just using construction paper dampened and blotted dry.
i think i remember doing this process in school and we used shellac but
this seems toxic to use in elementary.
anyone have any advice for me?
linda in michigan

To unsubscribe go to