Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Anyone doing Art of the Inca? Current event to discuss

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 09:03:17 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Anyone out there doing art of the Inca? An Exhibit at Yale Peabody
Museum is in the news. There is controversy over who owns the
artifacts. Might generate some discussion with your students.

You will need to sign up with New York Times to read this article:
Inca Show Pits Yale Against Peru
The article has a slide show with some very nice ceramic pieces from
the exhibit.

There isn't an on line exhibit at the Yale Peabody - but they do have
some resources for social studies and science that you can gather from
- especially if you are doing your unit interdisciplinary.

Share the link with your social studies teachers. In my area, the Inca
is part of the 7th grade curriculum.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources