Re: Grading

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 16:06:52 PST

> I have a code which I use in my grade book. Right now I have 18 comments
> which I have come to use most regularly. They are things like,
> "different drummer", 'advanced idea', 'hurried, fast' and 'not following
> instructions'. They seem to work whether I am referring to an
> assignment or when I am recording the type of activity which is going
> on during the class.
> My comment codes are written up, copied and laminated so that I can have
> one on each grading page.
>
> Jan

Great idea. I think the important thing is to come up with
a system that works for you rather than a system that makes
you work. Phil Dunn's advice to art teachers, years ago, was
to find ways to work smarter rather than harder. When my
students would tell visitors that they did all the work,
not Mr. Duncan, I thought I must be on the right track.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703