Re: thoughts on being a pack rat

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 16:00:37 PST

> I hope all you pack rats will throw out all that stuff you've been
> collecting when you leave/retire. Don't assume the next person wants it!
> And please clean that room after you've thrown that stuff out. I have
> nothing but evil thoughts for both those teachers that left that junk for
> me to deal with. When I left my old job, that room was CLEAN and TIDY.
>
> Maggie

Maggie,
        I was lucky to have my replacement helping me teach
the last two weeks of the year. I had thrown out all the
yucky unusable stuff. But I left lots and lots. I'm sure there
was enough supplies to teach for three years, enough reproductions
and slides to supply the entire district. But, I got to show
her where I kept stuff and why. She may have been too polite to
say she wouldn't use this or that. But at least she got to
familiarize herself with the layout, the staff and some of the
kids she would have next year.
        "Clean and Tidy" is one thing, but be careful telling
folks to throw everything out. One thing several of us did was
to have a parking lot swap. We loaded our car trunks with stuff
we could not use and told all the district art staff where to meet
us. What teachers did not trade, take, etc. went in the nearby
dumpster.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons