Ceramic Facade Lesson Idea for Middle School

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 07:03:35 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an idea for middle school students. Victorian
"Painted Ladies"
http://northport.k12.ny.us/~nms/art0001.html

You could have students research any kind of
architecture for this lesson. Projects could be
painted with underglazes/glazes - tempera/acrylic - or
given a stain patina.

A while back, I posted a site with Puerto Rican
ceramic facade tiles - they combined metal tooling
elements (doors and windows).

If anyone does this, I would like a sample to put on
the ceramic ideas page.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====