Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Ceramic Facade Lesson Idea for Middle School

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 07:03:35 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an idea for middle school students. Victorian
"Painted Ladies"

You could have students research any kind of
architecture for this lesson. Projects could be
painted with underglazes/glazes - tempera/acrylic - or
given a stain patina.

A while back, I posted a site with Puerto Rican
ceramic facade tiles - they combined metal tooling
elements (doors and windows).

If anyone does this, I would like a sample to put on
the ceramic ideas page.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources