RE: adire cloth

---------

From: Diane Purdie (dap1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 16:27:24 PST

From "Art from Many Hands" (pp. 14-16) comes the following recipe

6 tbsp flour

1 tsp alum

2 cups cold water

Cook in top of double boiler, stirring until it becomes semi0-transparent
and thickens somewhat

Designs may be painted on fabric but the paste is easier to manage if cooled
slightly and put in a [plastic squeeze bottle.

Paste should form a raised line.beat in a little extra water if too thick,
cool longer if too liquid

Diane Purdie

Industrial Art

Aunt Alice's Art Room <http://aliceartroom.blogspot.com/>
http://aliceartroom.blogspot.com/ (a work in progress)

Industrial Art <http://industrialart.blogspot.com/>
http://industrialart.blogspot.com/

Diapositive <http://diapositive.blogspot.com/>
http://diapositive.blogspot.com/

I can live for two months on a good compliment.- - Mark Twain -

  _____