Re: Bill Gates quote hoax

---------

From: Jude & Frank (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 08:14:08 PST

Re: Bill Gates quote hoaxHi all,
    This caught my eye-I'd like to comment that if this'humorist' Charlie Sykes is "our" Charlie Sykes of the Milwaukee are, (and sorry, I have not taken the time to dig deeper to check this out) allow me to tell you, humorist is the last term I'd select to describe this guy (I know Marvin is using a quote here and it's not his description, either).
    The Milwaukee Sykes is a mean-spirited media personality who is suspicious of the public schools (I know you can read between my lines as I attempt to select my words here), pretty negative about teacher's efforts across the board (one always wonders about who made these folks so mad at teachers)...and is critical of many other aspects of our society, and minces no words.....
    It's interesting to see him cast as a 'humorist', as that's quite a whitewashing, in my opinion. Think I can imagine the ilk of whoever labeled him as such!!!
Jude
  Bill Gates Stories. There are a number of tall tales told about Bill Gates. Most recently, many newspapers credited him with writing 11 rules for high school students, including "Be nice to nerds." He didn't write them; humorist Charlies Sykes did.

  http://www.walthowe.com/navnet/legends/talltalelegends.html

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.