RE: Bill Gates quote (Long) - what you won't learn in school

---------

From: Kevan Nitzberg (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 05:59:49 PST

3 big cheers for your very well thought out and heartfelt message, Larry!
In all of the 'performance-based' rhetoric that is being spewed forth in
education today (mostly by non-educators), there seems to be little regard
for the underlying and in your face social fabric that teachers and schools
have to contend with in order to insure the possibility of a mentally and
physically healthy person who can then move on to pursue academic success
(or whatever nomenclature we deem appropriate to define success). Simply
keeping the focus on the mythology that is attached to turning out better
bean counters misses the mark by a margin that is conceivably as wide as
Bill Gates' considerable fortune.

Kevan

---