Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: drawing assessments

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 19:23:23 PST

        Could you include in the drawing rubric:
Shows a uniqueness of style
Shows definite character in line
Transmits mood and feeling
What you want in every finished drawing is that each is unique
and different from every other drawing in the class.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque wrote:
> It seems that every year I come back to the question: what makes a
> drawing "good"? Kids always think realism is good, but there are other
> aspects of drawing, as an artform, that I think are important, too. Do
> any of you have ideas or rubrics that you use when teaching/assessing
> drawings? I teach a 1 semester high school drawing class. I always work
> on drawing from observation, shading, figure/ground, composition, etc.
> in my curriculum. I wish I could come up with a general rubric/list of
> things that I want to see in every finished drawing---what would be on
> yours?
> Marcia Hirst

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703