Re: thoughts on being a pack rat

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 15:53:44 PST

Nnaell@aol.com wrote:
> I inheirted a room from a pack rat....it was really hard to deal with!

Of course: One man's trash is another man's treasure .......

I remember, years ago, driving my two sons to Middle School.
I stopped to pick a pair of boots from someone's trash can.
My boys were, of course, embarrassed and sunk down in the car
so no one would see they were with me.

I had one student bring an atifictial leg (with foot and shoe)
to school for me. A custodian once brought me a beautiful hornets
nest (looks like layers of paper). I still have it in my studio
in New Mexico. A parent brought us a black velvet dress form. It
was great. Sure many people bring you junk, but don't say No.
Just say, Thank You and sort through it. Anything you don't want
your students will gladly (and discretely) take to the dumpster tomorrow.
                        Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703