Re: resource file (important)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 11:36:39 PST

> do i really need to collect everything i can?

I don't think art can be taught without a good source
of "Exemplars". (art historical references to build
lessons around) I spent 27 years building a supply of
art reproductions from all sorts of sources. They were
laminated (100's and 100's of them) and sort of organized.
I could have supplied an entire district but I left them
for my replacement. Slides and digital projections are
OK, but I preferred large reproductions on the wall that
I could refer to as needed time and again. This is the
sort of resource one can not teach well without, so start
collecting and saving. As you find more exemplars they
will spark ideas for lessons.
                Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

--
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons