Visual Art prepares students for life/job market (Importance of Art)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 10:00:32 PST

Greetings Joe,

Visual art foster employable skills. Employers are
looking for creative thinkers - problem solvers.

Try surfing for some of these phrases....

fostering creative thinking through art

fostering higher order thinking skills through art

Cognitive brain development and art (you will find a
book by Howard Gardner)

visual art and multiple intelligence theory

Problem solving in art

Critical thinking in art

You will have to find the links on your own... Doing
this research will help you develop your own
philosophy for Art Education....something that you
WILL have to do.

Joe, it would be nice if you would share your report
with us when it is finished. I can share it through
Incredible Art Department.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====