Stuff for still life - Joe

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 08:51:33 PST

Greetings Joe,

I wouldn't start collecting odd stuff for still life
just yet....but DO collect flat files of resources as
those are easy for you to move (images of animals -
insects -plants - people - landscapes - etc). Assorted
odd stuff for still life can come later when you have
landed that first Art Dream job. Your community can be
a valuable resource for still life "stuff". Local
museums will even loan you "stuff" (at least ours
does).

Do collect things for your own apartment decor that
appeal to you as they can always be still life
"stuff".

Be sure to thank your instructor for directing you to
Getty ArtsEdNet Talk list. Being an good art teacher
is hard work - be ready for it. I hope you didn't
decide on this career choice because it would be easy
(grin). The harder you work - the more your students
will work for you. Work ethic is learned. Be a good
role model.

Regards,

Judy Decker