Re: resource file

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 18:56:34 PST

I would collect things that make specific reference to the lessons you
are planning. You need to start somewhere. I think a lot of us,
however, are from this pre-digital mindset. Your prof may be. Lots of
things we used to reference (encyclopedia, pic files, some books) can
now be googled. If your students are young, or if your students are low
income, you will wish you had saved more, I think. It is problematic if
you don't know where you'll be teaching...Keep in mind how wild that
first year can be, and plan ahead.
Beth

On Feb 25, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Amphibiouse@aol.com wrote:

> my art ed. professor keeps saying i need to build a resource file that
> i can use when i teach. he wants me to collect as much junk as
> possible (old magazine, wallpaper scraps, old clothes, etc.) i am not
> a pack rat like he is i dont want to collect a bunch of junk that i
> probably wont use. any suggestions about what sort of things i should
> be collecting now? is this even important?
>
> ---
> leave-artsednet-20361K@lists.getty.edu

---