Re: importance of art ed

---------

From: Rick Larson (jrlarson51_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 12:53:07 PST

Joe, This is important work! On my site, there are some links in support of
art ed.
http://www.bcsc.k12.in.us/richards/art/LinksParents.htm
Also, in the past few weeks, there was an article by Rod Paige and (?)
Huckabee about "Moving the Arts to Front and Center" you could google that.
There have also seen studies about visual art and cognitive development.
Students make certain connections in the brain by the mere act of drawing..
Good luck and let us know how it goes. You could also google art and
cognitive development, or the importance of arts education, etc.
Betsy

> Hi, I am an art ed. major and I have to give a presentation defending why
> art education is important and why a school district should not cut an art
> program because of the budget. Any suggestions? thanks,
>
> joe

---